Prior to you sign your name to a solar panel lease on your home in Moreno Valley CA 92556 you need to understand what you are truly getting into. If you’re in the business of offering solar leases maybe you need to attempt Googling this, “benefits of solar lease” Read all of the page one results and see exactly what your customer’s are checking out if they do even a percentage of homework. You also might try Googling, “selling home with solar lease” and “solar lease vs. purchase”. Read exactly what your consumer’s will certainly read when they do 30 minutes of study online before dedicating to a 20 year contract. Perhaps you’ll now understand why you get a lot of cancellations and why if you do not close the deal on the first visit you’ve got virtually no chance of closing it later on. Why not change your technique do what’s right for the client and get on board with a business that supplies market leading value (cost + quality + service).
The Solar Lease in Moreno Valley CA 92556 or PPA Sales Pitch normally includes 6 bottom lines. We went over each below.
1. Go Solar and Pay Nothing! Or no cash out of pocket.
Signing a 20 year contract in which you guarantee to pay X hundred dollars per month is hardly paying nothing. If you build up all of those month-to-month payments during the regard to the agreement you’ll be paying 2 to 3 times what you would have paid purchasing the solar system even if you consider the interest paid on the solar loan. Lots of zero money down solar loans are available. If you have the credit history to get the lease you can use the bank’s cash to fund your solar system with absolutely no money down.
[ssvideo keyword=”Solar Companies” title=”Solar Companies in Moreno Valley”]
2. No worries. The leasing/PPA company in Moreno Valley CA 92556 is accountable for all repair and maintenance on the system.
The renting business will certainly not clean your photovoltaic panels which is about just maintenance used on a solar system. Solar systems are very low maintenance with no moving parts and include very long maker’s guarantees and efficiency assurances. 25 years with a microinverter based system, that’s longer than the leasing companies’ guarantee. The majority of tier 1 solar devices makers are bigger and more financially stable than the solar leasing company by numerous multiples. Those long service warranties are backed up by a 20 year bumper to bumper guarantee from Solar Symphony.
3. Insurance– go solar with a lease and the leasing business guarantees the system.
Purchase a system and the solar system is covered under your property owner’s policy for a just a couple dollars per month.
4. Monitoring– the renting company monitors your system for the life of the lease/PPA.
When you buy a system you also get keeping an eye on for the life of the system, using the same monitoring equipment utilized by the leasing company.
5. Simply sign a contract and the leasing business does everything else.
When buying a system you also just sign a contract and the solar service providers does everything else. Distinction is the leasing companies contract is 17 pages (fine print) and the solar professional’s agreement is 2 pages.
6. A lease doesn’t strike your individual credit. Does not affect your financial obligation to income ratio.
This may be the only real benefit of the lease however it comes at an awefully high cost. If this is among your primary issues there are financing alternatives for a purchase (PACE and HERO) that also do not strike your individual credit or influence your financial obligation to income ratio. And those programs permit nearly any property owner to go solar no matter their credit rating.
Now for the six main disadvantages to a solar lease in Moreno Valley CA 92556 or PPA.
1. A lease is a 20 year liability. It is not a possession or an investment in solar. The solar leasing companies are buying solar on your roof! You’re just offering them a guaranteed 20 year cash flow!
2. Now you have two utility bills not simply one! In essence the renting business ends up being a 2nd utility. So, sign a solar lease and now you have 2 utility companies you need to pay monthly.
3. Many leases or PPAs bring a yearly cost escalator, typically 2.9 %. So while you may be saving cash today in a numerous years you will not be.
4. You will not be able to assert the 30 % federal tax credit and any appropriate cash discounts. You also won’t be able to assert any tax deductible interest on solar loan payments (HELOC or PACE).
5. You never get to totally free power with a lease or PPA. In contrast, if you purchase a solar system once the solar loan is paid off you can get free electricity from the sun for 10– 15 years depending upon the length of the solar loan.
[google-map location=”Moreno Valley CA”]
6. Offering your home with a solar lease or PPA can be problematic. Solar leases need the new owner to presume the lease and terms. If you read any of the above you can probably see why an educated customer would not be interested in assuming the responsibilities of your lease. This is specifically real if the lease is 7 or more years of ages and the annual cost escalator in the lease has actually now raised the expense of electrical power to equivalent or more than the cost of electrical energy from the utility.